[Eoscstudents] Federal CARES Act funds will be available to qualifying EOSC students

Eosc News news at eosc.edu
Wed May 13 12:40:58 CDT 2020

Eastern Oklahoma State College has obtained funding from the federal CARES
Act to distribute to students and help with expenses related to the
disruption of campus operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are
diligently working to finalize our processes to distribute these funds
quickly and efficiently.

*Who is eligible?*

Any EOSC student who was actively enrolled in face-to-face instruction,
enrolled in 3 credit hours or more during the Spring 2020 semester and who
meets the federal eligibility requirements is eligible for these additional
funds.

*What do I need to do?*

If you have completed the 2019-20 FAFSA and there are no further documents
needed on your financial aid file, you have already demonstrated you are
eligible for Title IV funds.

You can still complete the FAFSA to become eligible for the CARES Act
funds. Please visit www.fafsa.gov and complete your free application. Keep
in mind that your eligibility is not tied to your income. If you complete
all fields and it processes with no flags, you have met the Title IV
eligibility.

*Important Notice:*

Please note that the funds from the CARES Act should be used to help with
expenses due to the disruption of campus operations due to the COVID-19
pandemic.

*How much will I receive?*

The amount of funds each eligible student will receive will be based on the
number of credit hours between 3 (minimum) and 12 (maximum) that the
student was enrolled in as of April 17, 2020.

*How will I receive my funds?*

Once your funds are available, they will be disbursed to you through your
selected direct deposit designation which would be your student ID/Herring
Bank debit card or direct deposit into your personal checking account. To
set up, review or change your direct deposit designation, you can log into
Web Advisor using your ID and password.

*How will I know when my funds are disbursed?*

You will receive an email to your EOSC student email from Premier Pay
notifying you that your funds have been disbursed.

*Will these funds be applied to my EOSC bill?*

If you currently owe money to EOSC, these funds will *NOT* be applied to
your bill. EOSC is required by federal regulations to pay these funds to
you, the student, without applying it to any charges owed. However, once
you receive these funds they may be used to pay your EOSC balance. There
are two ways to make payments on your EOSC account:

1.      You can make a credit card payment through Web Advisor.

2.      You can mail in a check to EOSC, Business Office, 1301 West Main,
Wilburton, OK 74578.

Remember you cannot enroll or get an official transcript if you have a
balance due on your EOSC account.

*How do I enroll for next semester?*

There are multiple ways to enroll in EOSC classes for the summer and fall
semesters.

1.      Email or call your current student advisor.

2.      Log into Web Advisor and enroll yourself.

3.      Call or email one of our Enrollment Staff listed below:

·         Wilburton: Christie Colbert at ccolbert2 at eosc.edu or 918-465-1771

·         McAlester: Kelly Bogard at kbogard at eosc.edu or 918-302-3607

·         Idabel: Julie Jefferson at jjefferson2 at eosc.edu or 580-376-5223

·         Antlers: Nicole Faber at nfaber at eosc.edu or 580-271-0471

·         Nursing Students: Mandy Roachell at mroachell at eosc.edu or
918-465-1794

If you have any questions regarding the CARES Act funds and your
eligibility, please contact the following offices:

Business Office            918-465-1831 or kjohnson6 at eosc.edu

Financial Aid Office    918-465-1770 or ccolbert at eosc.edu

Registrar’s Office        918-465-1813 or dlewis at eosc.edu