[Eoscstudents] COVID-19 Self-Reporting Forms and Updated Isolation/Quarantine Guidelines

Trish McBeath tmcbeath at eosc.edu
Mon Jan 10 09:05:42 CST 2022

Good morning! We are excited to welcome our new and returning students to
the first day of the Spring Semester!

The U.S., and specifically Oklahoma, is currently experiencing another
surge in COVID-19 cases. The Omicron variant is highly contagious and the
symptoms may include cough, sore throat, congestion/runny nose, headache,
and fatigue or tiredness. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it
is very important that you *STAY HOME*. This is the best way Eastern can
remain open with face-to-face classes and normal activities.

If you have tested positive, know that you have been exposed to a positive
case, or are experiencing symptoms, please *STAY HOME* and complete the
following Self-Reporting Forms immediately. An Eastern representative will
contact you with further instructions.

   - *Student Self-Reporting Form*
   <https://www.eosc.edu/student-life/student-health-services/covid-19-information/covid-19-student-self-reporting-form>
   *
   * Eastern students taking classes on the McCurtain County Campus in
   Idabel should ONLY complete the online reporting form for Southeastern
   <https://form.jotform.com/202177198585163>.

   - *Employee Self-Reporting Form*
   <https://www.eosc.edu/student-life/student-health-services/covid-19-information/covid-19-employee-self-reporting-form>

The CDC recently updated isolation and quarantine guidelines and those can
be found on Eastern's website at *eosc.edu/covid* <http://eosc.edu/covid>.
COVID-19 statistics for each campus site are also updated each Friday.

*COVID-19 vaccines*
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/keythingstoknow.html?s_cid=10493:covid%20vaccine:sem.ga:p:RG:GM:gen:PTN:FY21>
are safe and effective at helping protect against severe disease and death
from the virus. Everyone ages 5 and older can get vaccinated and *booster
shots*
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html> are
recommended for those who completed their primary vaccination series more
than 5 months ago (Pfizer and Moderna; a Johnson & Johnston booster is
recommended after 2 months).

The health and safety of Eastern's students, faculty and staff are our top
priority. Please take personal responsibility in following the guidelines
and protocols to help protect each other and our campus community.

Thank you,
Trish McBeath
Vice President of Student & External Affairs
Eastern Oklahoma State College
1301 W. Main, Wilburton, OK 74578
P: 918-465-1804, F: 918-465-4448
eosc.edu