[Eoscstudents] Choir Begins Today at 4:30pm in the Mitchell Hall Auditorium

Brian Harris bharris2 at eosc.edu
Mon Jan 10 08:58:45 CST 2022

Good Morning EOSC Community!  I am writing to invite you to participate in this semesters EOSC Concert Choir.  Our first meeting is today and will consist of our syllabus and concert dates review, music distribution, a brief warm-up, and voice testing for vocal part placement.  If you would like to participate please register for choir, course codes MUSIC 1621 (first year) or MUSIC 2621 (second year).  Faculty and staff do not need to register, but may if they wish.

 Works we will study this semester include:

The EOSC Alma Mater
Jubilate Deo by Sally K Albrecht
The Seal Lullaby by Eric Whitacre
The Storm by Dan Davidson (men's selection)
America (My Country Tis of Thee) by John Coates, Jr.
Ave Verum Corpus by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (women’s selection)
Medley from Les Miserables by Ed Lojeski: Featuring - At the End of the Day - I Dreamed a Dream - Castle on a Cloud - Do You Hear the People Sing - On my Own - Bring Him Home - the Finale
I hope to see you in this semester's choir as we learn an exciting repertoire of music from various styles and periods.

My best for a wonderful first day of classes,

Brian T. Harris
Instructor of Music, Director of Instrumental and Choral Ensembles, Music Department Chair
Eastern Oklahoma State College
Pratt 109
1301 W Main St
Wilburton, OK 74578