[Eoscstudents] Greenwood Rising Tour

London White lwhite at eosc.edu
Tue Mar 22 08:18:43 CDT 2022

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 we will be traveling to Tulsa to tour the
Greenwood Rising District. We will leave campus approximately 9:30 am and
should return around 5pm. Lunch will be provided at Fat Guy's Burger
before the tour. If you are interested in participating in this event,
please contact me as soon as possible. For those who are not familiar with
the Greenwood Rising District I have included a brief description and also
a link to their website. Please let me know if you have any questions.

*Greenwood Rising is the legacy project of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre
Centennial Commission. The Commission began in 2015 under the leadership of
Senator Kevin Mathews dedicated to a vision of a stronger and more just
Tulsa. The Centennial Commission reached out to and included key Greenwood
District organizations—The Greenwood Cultural Center, the Greenwood Chamber
of Commerce, and the John Hope Franklin Center for Reconciliation—as well
as numerous other Greenwood leaders and community members to unite the
Greenwood District to outline projects which would commemorate history,
tell the whole Greenwood story and create opportunity. *

Greenwood Rising | About <https://www.greenwoodrising.org/about>

Thank you,

--
London White