[Eoscstudents] Eastern's PTK Christmas Toys for Tots - the campaign runs thru December 8th

bstrange at eosc.edu bstrange at eosc.edu
Thu Nov 16 16:19:05 CST 2023

 Eastern's PTK Toys for Tots Christmas Campaign 2023

It is time once again to embark on a great community service for our
college. When we return from the Thanksgiving Break we will officially kick
off this event.

*	A target age for children will be ages 10 and younger.
*	This is a completely volunteer community service event that benefits
Eastern student's and their families.

How do you participate?: Bring a new, at least ($5) unwrapped gift to class
and give to your professor,  or to a campus director's office at Idabel,
McAlester. There are several faculty members who will be offering bonus
points in their classes if you choose to participate. An idea is that you
may like to pool your money together with a friend and purchase together a
larger item and both get bonus points for the same donated gift.  Some of
you may have an opportunity during the break for some shopping deals going
on with black Friday. (If you can't afford a gift but would volunteer your
time we can use help with wrapping the gifts, I will count that as a
donation)

When does this need to be completed? : We will need the donations no later
than December 8th   (last day for our class this semester). We will be
having the annual Christmas wrapping party on Monday December 11th beginning
at noon with food and festive music in Mitchell 116 and Mitchell 120.  We
will have toys, wrapped,  bundled and ready for distribution beginning
Tuesday morning.

I need your help in identifying Eastern student families in need (will be
kept anonymous.): If you know of a fellow student who may have small
children and can identify them as someone who may need a helping hand during
this time, please email me their name and children information with gender
and ages of children.

You can also self-identify yourself to me as a student to be placed on our
list (will be kept anonymous.) Please just email your name and  ages and
gender of children information. We have never failed in supplying all
Eastern families with gifts and I have great expectations that will be the
same this time as well.

Remember, we are only targeting children ages 10 and younger.

The Christmas wrapping party is open to anyone who would like to volunteer
some of your time to wrap gifts. It will be on Monday, Dec 11th at noon in
Mitchell 116.  There will be food, drinks and desserts for any who wish to
come and help with the Wrapping party!