[Eoscstudents] Undergraduate Writing Contest

Cullen Whisenhunt cwhisenhunt2 at eosc.edu
Tue Jan 16 15:27:21 CST 2024

Hello students, and welcome back!

As we get another semester started here at EOSC, I wanted to let you know
about a cool opportunity!

Are you interested in creative writing? Do you spend your free time reading
and writing poetry and stories? Have you always wanted to share your work,
or even submit it for a contest?

If so, I'm excited to tell you about East Central University's
Undergraduate Writing Contest! The Contest is a part of the annual
Scissortail Creative Writing Festival and gives undergraduates the
opportunity to be recognized at Oklahoma's premier writing festival, where
they can share their work with professional writers from across the country!

If you'd like to submit your work for the contest, check out the guidelines
below:

1. Contest is open to all currently enrolled undergraduate students.
2. Students must be available/willing to attend the Scissortail Festival.
Recognition will be Friday evening, April 5, 2024. (Please do not submit if
you cannot attend.)
3. Submissions are limited to one piece of fiction/creative nonfiction (up
to 7500 words) or up to three poems (150 lines total).
4. All work must be the original work of the student.
5. Submissions should be formatted as either .doc or .pdf files and should
be emailed to your college's faculty sponsor (Cullen Whisenhunt at
cwhisenhunt2 at eosc.edu) no later than Friday, February 23.

The EOSC Arts and Humanities Club will also help in sponsoring students
interested in submitting and facilitating travel logistics for students
attending the festival. For more information about the Club, follow our
Facebook page at "EOSC Arts & Humanities Club."

Please note, each college/university is only allowed five student entries,
so pending total submission numbers, the Arts and Humanities Club faculty
will also determine the five entries.

For more information about the Scissortail Creative Writing Festival, visit
their website at http://www.ecuscissortail.blogspot.com/.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, and we look forward to
reviewing your submissions!

Have a great first week of classes!

--
Cullen Whisenhunt, MFA