[Oacrao-l] Grades and Block Courses

Bill Nowlin nowlin at nsuok.edu
Thu Nov 4 13:46:38 CDT 2010

Kristie,

We don't require the instructors to submit grades until the end of the
semester because many of our short-term courses have a project or paper due
after the meeting time ends.  Our instructors are encouraged to and can
enter grades after the course ends.  If they do so, it posts to the
transcripts the next day.  Probation and suspension are only checked at the
end of the semester.

Hope all is well in Durant.............

Bill

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Kristie Luke <KLuke at se.edu> wrote:

>  Hello All!
>

> I have some questions about final grades for short-term/block courses:
>

> 1.       When do you require instructors to submit grades for
> short-term/block classes?
>
> a. when course is finished   - or-     b.  end of the semester
>

> 2.       When are those grades posted on the official transcript?
>
> a. when course is finished   -or-      b. end of the semester
>

> 3.       If you post grades to the transcript when the course is finished,
> do you check for probation/suspension at that time or only at the end of the
> term?
>

> Currently, Southeastern requests that grades be submitted within three days
> after the completion of the course, but we do not post them to the
> transcript until the end of the term.   We have increased the number of
> block courses that are offered each semester and were wondering how everyone
> else handles grades for these.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kristie
>

> *Kristie Luke**
> *Assoc. Dean for Admissions & Records/Registrar
> Southeastern Oklahoma State University
> 1405 N 4th, PMB 4225 – Durant, OK  74701
> Phone: 580-745-2165  Fax: 580-745-7502
> kluke at SE.edu    www.SE.edu <http://www.se.edu/>

Bill Nowlin
Dean of Enrollment Management/Registrar