[Oacrao-l] Question of the day

Dawn Cain cain at nsuok.edu
Mon Aug 22 15:17:47 CDT 2011

Hello, colleagues,

I would appreciate your thoughts on this question.  I assume we will be
seeing more and more students who graduate from accredited virtual online
high schools and schools where students work at their own pace; thus, a
student can complete more quickly than students in standard high schools.
This would allow a student who is 16 to graduate from an accredited high
school.  I have had two 16 year old applicants this fall semester.

According to Regent's policy, homeschool students' and GED applicants' peer
high schools must have graduated (or will graduate at the same time) for
admission to be offered.  The "age" question does not arise for those who
graduate from an accredited high school.  I don't think this question has
been addressed by the Regent's.

Would you admit a 16-year-old student who graduated from an accredited high
school whose peer high school has not yet graduated?

--
Dawn Cain
Director of Admissions

918.458.2342

--This electronic mail transmission ("EMT") and any attached documents may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Such information is
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom this EMT was
intended to be sent.  Any printing, disclosure, reproduction, distribution
or taking of action based on the information herein by other than the
intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.  If you believe you have
received this EMT in error, please notify me the sender by telephone or via
return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.