[Oacrao-l] Question about credits for Prior Learning

Adam Johnson ADJohnson at uco.edu
Wed Jan 5 16:28:06 CST 2011

I recently had a faculty member ask if UCO would consider offering credit for adults with "prior learning" to recognize their knowledge acquired through work, training, or just through life experiences.  Apparently, this individual attended a conference recently where it was a hot topic.  Also, she felt there's some buzz that's gaining momentum among the Regents.  So-I thought I'd ask the group to see if any institution awards credit, is considering it, or how you've gone about evaluating/assessing credit.

Any thoughts, comments, or experiences you'd like to share?  Thanks, and I hope everyone is ready for the spring semester!

Adam Johnson, Associate Vice President/Registrar
Enrollment Management
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University Drive
Edmond, Ok  73034
(405) 974-2385
(405) 974-3930 (fax)
Click here to visit UCO's website<http://www.uco.edu/>

**Bronze+Blue=Green** The University of Central Oklahoma is Bronze, Blue, and Green! Please print this e-mail only if absolutely necessary!

**CONFIDENTIALITY** This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized disclosure or use of this information is prohibited.