[Oacrao-l] Student Record Access

Stringfellow, Alan richard.a.stringfellow at occc.edu
Mon Jun 27 08:46:43 CDT 2011

I know that many institutions in Oklahoma scan and image either current and/or deactivated student records.  I am curious how many of you allow faculty access to a portion, or all of your student records.  Historically we have not allowed faculty access student records, but a situation has recently occurred in which the subject has surfaced again at OCCC.  I have always been very hesitant to provide access to faculty, especially since we don't have a formal FERPA training program at OCCC... but I may be in the minority these days.   If you get a moment, could you reply and let me know how your institution responds to such requests to student record access?

Thanks,
Alan

Alan Stringfellow, M.ED.
Registrar