[Oacrao-l] Student Record Access

Skeel, Richard D. rskeel at ou.edu
Mon Jun 27 10:02:48 CDT 2011

Alan -

We handle this very similarly to what Pamla described, although we are a little less formal with which students are assigned to each advisor.  However, faculty can only have access to student information if they are designated as advisors (most of our faculty are not advisors).  The only thing I would add is that we do occasionally have faculty request access to student data for research purposes.  Those requests must go through our research board to be reviewed and approved before the information is released.

Rick

Rick Skeel
Director of Academic Records
University of Oklahoma
1000 Asp Ave
Norman, OK   73071
405-325-6017
rskeel at ou.edu<mailto:rskeel at ou.edu>
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"