[Oacrao-l] Collection of Ethnicity Data on Application forAdmission

Troy Milligan milligant at redlandscc.edu
Wed Mar 2 10:34:45 CST 2011

Rick brings up a good point.  We actually did a targeted mailing to the non-responders to get ethnic/race information.  We stressed that responding was optional, but their responses could help Redlands qualify for grants to offer more services to students.

We also ask, but it is optional.  Something else to consider…when it is left blank, it is difficult to have solid statistics when you are applying for grants. Typically underserved populations are hesitant to self-identify, leaving us in a catch 22 situation.