[Oacrao-l] Concurrent Enrollment Re: Residual ACT

Dela Cruz, Jr., Jose jcruz at osrhe.edu
Thu Mar 24 16:01:21 CDT 2011

Greetings!  I hope this e-mail finds you doing well.  This e-mail is to serve as an update pertaining to the use of the residual ACT for concurrent enrollment student admission.  Following the OACRAO spring conference, State Regents staff debriefed and discussed the issue internally examining all perspectives.

At the March 24th meeting, the Council on Instruction (COI) was briefed on the concerns articulated by both the State Regents staff and the OACRAO membership pertaining to the residual ACT for concurrent enrollment admission.  The committee on assessment and remediation has introduced this issue for discussion in conjunction with their ongoing discussion pertaining to the assessment and remediation policy, which is currently under revision.

Please note, as Dr. Blanke and I mentioned at the spring conference, due to the complex nature of the situation, a time-frame is unknown for when a final interpretation of policy will be available.

As the discussion progresses, I will provide updates as available.  Please do not hesitate in contacting me if you have any questions regarding this, or any other issue.

My best wishes for your upcoming weekend,

José

Mr. José Dela Cruz

Coordinator - Academic Affairs Projects

655 Research Parkway, Suite 200