[Oacrao-l] Administrative Withdraw

Paul Patrick ppatrick at uco.edu
Mon Mar 12 16:46:51 CDT 2012

UCO instructors may submit an AW midterm grade for a student who has never, ever, attended the class.   Then we (Enrollment Services) periodically run a list of these students and change their registration status to AW, which puts an AW on the transcript, and refunds them 75% of the tutition and fees.   Faculty can only do this during the time that a student can withdraw themselves.

We don't use it for disciplinary or misconduct reasons.    And we struggle with defining "never attended" for an online course.    And we occasionally back one out and reenroll the student when the instructor and the student agree they can actually finish the course.

Paul Patrick
Sr. Associate Registrar
University of Central Oklahoma
(405) 974-2336