[Oacrao-l] Fall Conference Registration

Rick Edgington Rick.Edgington at north-ok.edu
Mon Sep 17 11:46:50 CDT 2012

Colleagues,
If you have not registered for the fall conference, please do so quickly!  We are busy finishing our local arrangements and are hoping for a spectacular turn out.  Our guest speaker is Dr. Dale Tampke.  He will be presenting his experience with UNT's holistic admission process.

Dale R. Tampke serves as Dean of Undergraduate Studies at the University of North Texas.  Undergraduate Studies is a teaching, advising, and student support unit dedicated to the academic success of all UNT undergraduates.  Undergraduate Studies is also the home of the First-Year Seminar and Learning Communities at UNT.

A frequent presenter on student success issues, Tampke's professional activities include involvement in the American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), the Consortium for Student Retention and Data Exchange (CSRDE), National Academic Advising Association (NACADA), the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA), the Association of Deans and Directors of University Colleges, and the First Year Experience Conference.  He serves on the editorial board of the Journal of the First Year Experience and Students in Transition and the Journal of College and University Student Housing.

Tampke holds a Ph.D. in Education from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, a Master's of Agriculture in Land Economics and Real Estate and a B.S. in Agricultural Economics from Texas A&M University.  He is also a Research Associate Professor in the Department of Counseling and Higher Education at UNT.

We also will have Betty Huff from AACRAO presenting on Federal Policy Updates, Jose de la Cruz & Gina Weeke will be presenting a session on using the OSRHE's Policy Manual & providing updates from the Regent's Office.  Danny Stewart will be addressing current issues with Veteran's Affairs & Caryn Pacheco will be providing updates concerning Federal Financial Aid.  There are a host of other sessions to peak your interest.

We are committed to providing the most current and relevant professional development and hope you will join us!  Register quickly please!!!  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best wishes,

Rick Edgington, Ed. D.
President-Elect OACRAO