[Oacrao-l] Student Never Attendance

Monnot, Charlie cmonnot at okcu.edu
Mon Feb 4 10:16:50 CST 2013

See below

Charles L Monnot/Registrar
Oklahoma City University
2501 N. Blackwelder
Oklahoma City, OK  73106
(405) 208-5295
(405) 208-6047 - Fax
1-800-633-7242 Ext:5295
cmonnot at okcu.edu<mailto:cmonnot at okcu.edu>

From: oacrao-l-bounces at lists.onenet.net [mailto:oacrao-l-bounces at lists.onenet.net] On Behalf Of Stringfellow, Alan
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 9:21 AM
To: oacrao-l at lists.onenet.net
Subject: [Oacrao-l] Student Never Attendance

Good Morning!

I would like to put some data together showing the actions of our state institutions in terms of what we do with never attendance.  At OCCC, we currently identify our students who never attend through our on-line system, and we then cancel them out of classes while reducing their charges to zero, but we do charge a $35.00 processing fee per class we cancel.  I know this was a topic of conversation at our Fall Conference as we had a session which discussed this very thing.  If you don't mind, could you answer the three questions below with a simple yes or no and then I will put the information together for my meeting where we are currently reviewing our process.  I am really hoping to modify our process, yet need to see if our policy is consistent, in any way, to what other institutions do within the state.

1.     Do you depend upon faculty to electronically respond with a list of students who never attend their class(es)? Yes

2.     Upon receiving this data, do you cancel students for never attendance (where it is not transcripted)? No

3.     Upon receiving  this data, do you reduce charges to zero for students who never attend? No

Thanks in advance for your input...this will really provide some perspective in terms of where we, at OCCC, are at with this policy, in contrast with everyone else within the state.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan Stringfellow M.ED.  | OCCC | Registrar |
7777 S. May Avenue | Oklahoma City, OK  73159 |
p: 405.682.7522 | f: 405.688.3902 |
e: astringfellow at occc.edu<mailto:astringfellow at occc.edu>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE02C0.BF2D0C60]