[Oacrao-l] Spring Policy Workshop, Questions for the OSRHE, & News from SACRAO

Rick Edgington Rick.Edgington at north-ok.edu
Thu Feb 7 13:45:16 CST 2013

Colleagues,
It is my pleasure to announce the date for the Spring 2013 Policy Update.  We will be meeting Friday, February 22 in our normal OKC location.  You should have received an invitation to register.  If not, here are the relevant CVENT links:

Agenda: http://www.cvent.com/d/1cqcr2/6X
Register: http://www.cvent.com/d/1cqcr2/4W

You can also find the information at http://oacrao.org/

Next...if you have any questions for the OSRHE (Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education) please submit them to me.  It is our custom to have an open forum at the Spring Policy Workshop for the Regents staff to address any/all concerns and burning questions of the membership.  We love it when we can watch them squirm & perspire right before our very eyes...so send me those questions!

Finally, it is my pleasure to announce to the membership that a formal bid was presented to the SACRAO (Southern Association of College Registrars & Admission Officers) executive committee for Oklahoma to host the annual SACRAO conference in 2016.  We presented bids from both OKC & Tulsa.  The SACRAO executive committee formally accepted the bid from OKC.  So SACRAO in OKC in 2016!  We will show the 12 other member states true Oklahoma hospitality!  The event will be held at the Cox Convention Center and should bring 600+ professionals to OKC.  This is a great professional development opportunity for all involved in recruiting, admissions, registrars, & enrollment management.  The dates will be February 6-10, 2016.

Please register for the Spring 2013 policy workshop...please send me those questions for the OSRHE & please help me thank David Fulmer (ORU), Rita Peaster (OSU)  Zoe Durant (Cameron) & Laurie Tinsley (OU) for their assistance in preparing & presenting the Oklahoma SACRAO 2016 bid!

Best wishes for a great spring semester,

Rick Edgington, President
OACRAO

Rick Edgington, Ed.D.
Vice President for Enrollment Management/Registrar
Northern Oklahoma College
P.O. Box 310
Tonkawa, OK 74653
Phone: 580.628.6221