[Oacrao-l] Changes to TOEFL and IELTS Scores

Dela Cruz, Jr., Jose jcruz at osrhe.edu
Tue May 21 10:28:46 CDT 2013

Hello OACRAO members, I hope my correspondence finds you all doing well and safe following yesterday's devastation.  As true Oklahomans, we will remain strong and unite as one.

Now, on to the purpose of my notice, the Council on Instruction (COI) approved changes to the TOEFL and IELTS scores at their May 16, 2013 meeting.  Attached you will find an explanation of the changes with the approved scores listed on the right side of the document.  We understand many of you have admitted or are in the process of admitting students under the current scores [those existing prior to May 16, 2013]; therefore, to reduce disruption on campuses, the approved changes as outlined in the attached document are effective fall 2013.

Additionally, students currently enrolled in an Intensive English Program (IEP) with an I-20 that was issued based on a TOEFL or an IELTS score in effect at the time the I-20 was issued shall transition into a state system institution upon successful completion of the IEP.

Over the course of the following weeks, we will work to update the Academic Affairs Procedures Handbook that will list both the undergraduate and graduate scores as approved by the COI.  In the meantime, if you find yourself with questions please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Best regards,
José

José Dela Cruz, M.Ed.
Coordinator -- Academic Affairs Projects