[Oacrao-l] Conditional Admission Letters and IEP Scores

Archer, Daniel darcher at osrhe.edu
Fri Jul 25 11:15:12 CDT 2014

Hello OACRAO Members,

I am inquiring about the following on behalf of my colleague, Dr. Debbie Blanke:

To understand current practice when dealing with non-native speakers of English, institutions commonly issue conditional acceptance letters to students stipulating they must have the 460 TOEFL, 48 IBT or 5.0 IELTS plus 12 weeks of study at approved IEP for full admission.  Do your letters stipulate that the student must have achieved these scores BEFORE they arrive at the IEP/leave their country?

We appreciate any information you can provide.

Have a great weekend,

Daniel Archer
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
655 Research Parkway
Oklahoma City, OK  73104
Phone: (405) 225-9142