[Oacrao-l] Applications for Competitive Admission Programs

Horinek, Jon jhorinek at occc.edu
Mon Mar 10 10:25:45 CDT 2014

Colleagues,

At OCCC we have seven competitive admission programs that require students to submit supplemental applications for acceptance. These include programs such as Nursing and Physical Therapist Assistant. At present, our office handles the application scoring and provides that information to the departments we process about 800 applications per year.

My question is mostly for community college colleagues, but I would be happy for any feedback.

1.       Do you currently, or have you considered, charging a fee for competitive program applications?

2.       Are these applications processed by Admissions officers or in the individual departments?

Thank you very much for your feedback. Feel free to respond directly to me or to the listserv.

JH

Jon B. Horinek
Director of Recruitment and Admissions
Oklahoma City Community College