[Oacrao-l] PLA data collection

Archer, Daniel darcher at osrhe.edu
Mon Apr 20 11:49:21 CDT 2015

Dear OACRAO Members,

Many of you have supplied information on how your institution awards credit for prior learning assessment (PLA) or extra-institutional learning.  In order to capture these data in the Unitized Data System (UDS) for future reporting and for tracking students in various ways, we need to establish a coding structure.

After receiving information regarding the PLA or extra-institutional learning credit that is being awarded, we have a few follow-up questions. Please review the attached list and respond to the following questions:

1.       What is missing from this list?

2.       Is anything missing that could be placed in one of these categories, but should probably be differentiated?  For example, some institutions are specific about the branch of military service.

3.       How do you want to report when more than one method is used?  For example, some institutions require a licensure or certification plus a performance test.

Please submit your responses to Dr. Debra Stuart at dstuart at osrhe.edu<mailto:dstuart at osrhe.edu>.

The COI members are also being contacted to review this list.

Thank you for your time and expertise in creating an important reporting structure.

Daniel Archer
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
655 Research Parkway
Oklahoma City, OK  73104
Phone: (405) 225-9142