[Oacrao-l] International Admission

Shroyer, Elle K. elle.shroyer at ou.edu
Thu Jun 4 16:43:00 CDT 2015

Hi Stephanie, here are the procedures we use at OU.  Attached are the current A level courses and their OU equivalencies.

To be admissible to OU, freshman students completing the O Level/A Level examinations in their home country must meet one of the following requirements:

1.       Submission of O Level AND A Level Examination Scores:  Combination of GCE/GCSE (General Certificate of Education or General Certificate for Secondary Education) Ordinary (O) level and Advanced (A) level passes with at least 2 at the Advanced level.   (A – C is passing at the Advanced level when converted to a U.S. scale.)

a.       Submitted a total of at least five O/A Level scores

b.       Overall “B” average when converted to a U.S. scale.

2.      Submission of O Level Examination Scores ONLY: Qualifying grades on their Ordinary level passes by meeting the following requirements:

a.       At least six passes with an overall “B” average when converted to a U.S. scale.

b.       At least four exams in any of the following core subjects: Language, Math, Science and Social Studies.

TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION ON FIRST DIVISION COMPLETION, THE APPLICANT MUST BE AT LEAST 17 YEARS OLD BY THE PROGRAM START DATE.

Grading Scales

a.       Use the grading scales provided on AACRAO EDGE and EducationUSA for all countries that offer O/A Level Examinations.

b.       UNITED KINGDOM: Based on the information provided by EDGE, EducationUSA and The University of Cambridge, use the following grading scale for all exams received from the following examination boards: University of Cambridge, CIE, UCLES, Edexcel, AQA, OCR.

O Level Grade

A Level Grade

Suggested US equivalent grade

A*, A

A*, A

-

F - G

Elle Shroyer | International Admissions Officer
1000 Asp Avenue, Room 127 | Norman, OK | 73019
Ph: 405-325-2252| Fax: 405-325-7124 | elle.shroyer at ou.edu<mailto:elle.shroyer at ou.edu>
ou.edu/go2/international<http://www.ou.edu/content/go2/international>
NAFSA Region III, Chair
This message, and attachments if any, from the University of Oklahoma may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using this information.  If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.  Thank you.