[Oacrao-l] Senior Citizen Tuition Waivers

Renee Roach reneer at cameron.edu
Fri Oct 30 11:34:28 CDT 2015

HI, Kristie!

Cameron University does have a policy for senior citizens to audit courses.  Please see the sequence of events below:

1.       The student admits normally through the office of Admissions as a non-degree seeking student and pays the $15 application fee.

2.       Student determines the class or classes in which they would like to enroll.

3.       Student contacts respective instructor to request permission to enroll as an "auditor".

4.       Instructor calls/emails the Registrar's office requesting student be enrolled as an auditor.

5.       Registrar's Office will enroll the student and denote the class as an "AU" enrollment status in the Banner student information system.  This enrollment status automatically inserts a grade of "AU" into the course roster and eventually rolls to academic history (and the transcript) at the end of the semester.  At the time of enrollment, we send an email to our Business Office indicating that the student is a senior citizen and they adjust the tuition and fees on the student's account.

6.       If the senior citizen wishes to obtain academic credit and a grade for the course, they are required to enroll as a normal student and pay tuition and fees.

Take care and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Renee Roach, MBA
Assistant Registrar
Cameron University