[Oacrao-l] A few questions for you :-)

Troy Milligan milligant at redlandscc.edu
Wed Aug 17 17:05:33 CDT 2016

Redlands Community College info:

1.      We report to the National Student Clearinghouse, both the core data and the additional elements, plus we utilize their Enrollment Verify, Degree Verify, and Student Tracker services.

2.      And 3.  The state, Federal, IPEDS, and NSC enrollment and graduation reporting is handled by the two ½ time staff members of the IR&E department, and we've written a lot of program batches to help us collate and report the data.

4.      We use Jenzabar PX/POISE.

5.      We do award degrees in the summer.

Note reporting of degrees and enrollment reporting is a tricky scheduling issue.  I recently attended a Jenzabar conference where a rep from the Clearinghouse presented.  We discussed the timeline of enrollment reporting versus degree reporting.  If enrollment reporting for a particular student in the following semester for another or advanced degree is reported PRIOR to the degree a student has earned in the prior semester, the enrollment information and the degree information 'collide' (his words).  He recommended reporting degree information earned for a student in a semester before your report your enrollment information for the following semester that may include that student.  Otherwise, he stated you should go in and make sure the prior degree record is closed under the initial degree and then the enrollment record is updated to reflect the change in major or new program.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Respectfully,
Troy

[https://www.redlandscc.edu/RCC.png]

Troy Milligan
Director of Institutional Research & Effectiveness
Director for the NASNTI Grant
Redlands Community College
https://www.redlandscc.edu/
Troy.Milligan at redlandscc.edu<mailto:Troy.Milligan at redlandscc.edu>