[Oacrao-l] Fall 2016 OACRAO Conference Registration - NOW OPEN!

Adam Johnson ADJohnson at uco.edu
Fri Aug 26 15:50:43 CDT 2016

Registration for the Fall 2016 OACRAO conference is now open!

I would like to personally invite you to attend the annual conference to be held October 6-7, 2016 on the University of Central Oklahoma campus in Edmond.  We hope this year's conference will be a memorable experience for each of you.  This year's theme is "Oklahoma Rising"...although our state is facing some extremely difficult challenges now due to budget constraints, it's time for us to pull together and rise up from these challenges.  Just as our favorite superheroes are undaunted, we must also find the courage to overcome the odds and meet our goals!

The OACRAO Executive Committee has been diligently finalizing conference sessions which are viewable as you proceed through the registration process (although we're still waiting on a few finalized details).  Please note that in addition to the main conference, we are offering two optional pre-conference workshops on the afternoon of October 5th, 2016:

1.       International Admissions and Advising - Brought back by popular demand!  This workshop/session includes topics related to international student services, admissions, and intercultural communication (see registration site for a full description).

2.       Reverse Transfer - We asked our membership during the Policy workshop back in February if there was interest in attending, and there was definitely enough of a response to move forward!  This workshop is presented through partnering with members of the Council on student Affairs, and thanks to a contribution made by the University of Oklahoma, this workshop will be offered free for all attendees!  Members from COSA, NACADA as well as OACRAO members and non-members are welcome to attend.

The welcome reception to be held on the evening of Thursday, October 6, 2016 will be a time for fun and camaraderie among your peers.  As you may have guessed, the "Oklahoma Rising" theme is centered on "heroes," so you are encouraged to come to the event wearing your favorite hero outfit!  Students from the UCO student organization, "Fandoms Anonymous," will attend wearing their favorite outfits as well to help set the stage for a fun evening!

Please register for the annual OACRAO conference by clicking on this link:  http://www.cvent.com/d/2fqhz9/1Q

You may also find the link on the OACRAO website at www.oacrao.org<http://www.oacrao.org>.

We look forward to seeing you in Edmond soon!

Adam Johnson, Ed.D.
2016 OACRAO President-Elect
Associate Vice President/Registrar
The University of Central Oklahoma