[Oacrao-l] Foreign transcripts and Study Abroad Question

Jordan Crandall jcrandall at oru.edu
Tue Feb 2 10:13:33 CST 2016

Hello Traci,

We just started doing in house evaluations a month ago. The source I primarily use is AACRAO Edge is $495 for AACRAO member institutions. If you are seeking to do international transcripts in house then this is a tool that you must have in order to be successful. For the amount of information that is available through the site $495 is a fantastic deal. That is the source that I use to determine High School rigor. We make admissions decisions on unofficial transcripts, but require the official to be turned in.

I also encourage you to network with professionals at OACRAO and SAACRAO who have some experience with international transcript evaluation. I have found that many are very supportive and will willingly offer guidance to those seeking to learn the process.

If you want specific training on international transcript evaluation I would highly recommend attending the Summer Institute for International Admissions. I believe that it is hosted in June this year in Leesburg, Virginia. You can find more information here: http://ies.aacrao.org/training/summerinstitute.php

If there I cannot resolve a question on an international transcript, I defer the student to use a WES or AACRAO IES evaluation.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions or want to give me a call my office number is 918-495-6530.

Jordan Crandall
Director, Admissions Operations

[http://www.oru.edu/faculty_and_staff/staff/marketing/documents/oru_email_logo.gif]
7777 S Lewis Ave