[Oacrao-l] Merging of two departments.

Agnew, Ina ina.agnew at okstate.edu
Tue Feb 16 12:45:08 CST 2016

I’m not sure under what circumstances that would make sense. I have, however, seen a movement to combine academic and student affairs under one vice president, generally the VPAA.  Budget challenges cause strange things to happen.

For this trend, I’ve not seen enough research to know if this is a successful strategy.  It’s a lot for one person to handle, particularly if the VPAA does not have a student affairs background.

Ina Agnew, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Services
OSU Institute of Technology
1801 E. 4th Street