[Oacrao-l] Registration for March 2nd spring policy workshop now open!

Shelley Lute tlute at uco.edu
Mon Feb 12 11:11:26 CST 2018

Good morning everyone,

I apologize for the delay but registration is now open for the 2018 OACRAO Spring Policy Workshop, which is being held on UCO's campus on March 2nd, 2018. It is a bit later this year than usual due to scheduling conflicts.

First, I have a couple of announcements to make.

As you may already know, Ramie Nation accepted the position of Registrar at Friends University in Kansas after St. Gregory's closed. We will miss her and we wish her well in Kansas! That being said, the position of OACRAO Treasurer needed to be filled rather quickly. The executive committee voted to appoint Virginia Leathers to the position. Virginia is the Senior Coordinator of Operations, Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Oklahoma State University and previously served on the OACRAO executive committee as the VP for Professional Development. Welcome Virginia to the OACRAO EC!

In related news:
Virginia Leathers and Amber Todd presented a session at last year's OACRAO fall conference entitled "Dysfunction of 'Office Space': Staff Appreciation 101. Their session has been accepted for a session presentation at the annual AACRAO conference held in Orlando, March 25-28th. Congratulations to Virginia and Amber! If you are attending the AACRAO conference, please check out their session and support our fellow OACRAO members.

If any other OACRAO members are scheduled to present at AACRAO or SACRAO, please let me know and I will announce it to the membership.

For the spring policy workshop:

In an effort to reduce costs, the OACRAO Executive Committee made a decision to use Google Forms for event registration, so it will look a big different than what we've used in previous years. The agenda is still being finalized and once those details are determined, I will send it out to the membership.

Early-bird rate is still $50 (the registration fee will be $75 after Feb. 27th  per person), so click here<https://goo.gl/forms/WMPhXuKNM9Igawe43> to register now.
On the form, you will find directions to UCO's campus, a map, and hotel listings should you need them.  There is no designated conference hotel site, so these are merely suggestions for your consideration.  We will provide a light breakfast, lunch (Mexican food to remain consistent with our previous workshops!), and coffee, water, and soda throughout the day. Here are the quick facts about the workshop:

Friday, March 2nd, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
University of Central Oklahoma
Nigh University Center Ballrooms
Registration and breakfast will be from 8:30-9:30 and the workshop will begin at 9:30.

A detailed agenda and more information about parking will be sent soon.

For any questions about registration, please contact Shelley Lute at Tlute at uco.edu<mailto:Tlute at uco.edu> or (405)974-2356.

We hope to see everyone there!

Shelley Lute, M.Ed.
OACRAO President
Associate Registrar - Graduation Services
100 N University Drive Box 149
Edmond, OK 73034
(405)974-2356
tlute at uco.edu<mailto:tlute at uco.edu>