[OK-AIR] Coding of non-degree seeking students Element 25

Julie Sawyer sawyerjk at nsuok.edu
Tue Feb 2 10:20:40 CST 2016

All:

At NSU, we have always put high school concurrents in the first-time
full-time cohort group the fall after they graduate from high school
(assuming they are enrolled full-time), otherwise they are never counted in
a cohort.  The IPEDS definition of first-time students DOES include these
students.  From the IPEDS glossary:

"A student who has no prior postsecondary experience (except as noted
below) attending any institution for the first time at theundergraduate
level. This includes students enrolled in academicor occupational programs.
It also includes students enrolled in thefall term who attended college for
the first time in the prior summer term, and students who entered with
advanced standing (college credits earned before graduation from high school
)."

I added the yellow highlight.

Thanks,
Julie