[OK-AIR] OK-AIR Spring Conference: Call for Proposals

Eastwood, Matthew A. matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu
Wed Feb 10 11:34:30 CST 2016

Notes from the OK-AIR Board:
Happy 2016 fellow OK-AIR members.  Hope everyone is getting ready and excited for the spring OK-AIR conference! First though, we would like to thank everyone who contributed to the fall 2015 OK-AIR conference held at the University of Central Oklahoma. Our attendees, presenters and conference hosts deserve a giant thank you.  We had over 50 in attendance last fall, as well as some great presentations and discussions.  Overall, it turned out to be an enjoyable experience for our membership.
The upcoming spring 2016 conference will be hosted by the Tulsa Community College on Friday, April 8th, 2016.  Details on the conference are now available at www.OK-AIR.org. We had several of new faces at our most recent conference, including new presenters.  We are looking forward to seeing everyone again this spring and any new colleagues you would like to invite.  OK-AIR conferences are great opportunities for networking as well as professional development.  As always, we would like to keep a friendly and informal tone at the conference this spring, so please consider submitting a proposal for presentation.  It's your willingness to volunteer that makes these conferences happen. See you soon!
- Matthew Eastwood,
      OK-AIR President
Official Call for Proposals (Don't Forget, Presenters Attend FREE!!!):
The Oklahoma Association for Institutional Research (OK-AIR) invites any and all interested parties to submit one or more proposals for presentation at the spring 2016 Conference.  We are hoping to receive several submissions to allow for both a wide variety of topics and a robust schedule.  So any submitted proposal will be greatly appreciated. Additionally, the board is currently working on booking a morning keynote speaker, as soon as details are finalized, we will let you know.
Please feel free to submit a proposal on any topic that would be of interest to higher education professionals working in research, assessment, planning or any of the wide variety of functions that our attendees have gained experience.  We are a small and informal group of academic professionals and can gain much from each other's perspectives.  So please do not hesitate to submit. Your insights and perspective will be appreciated by those in similar positions. Proposals will be due by Friday, March 18th.  To submit a proposal, please fill out the attached proposal form submit to:

Matthew Eastwood, OK-AIR President

matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu<mailto:matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu>

(405) 682-7842 or (405) 830-2712

Once a Proposal is Submitted:
Individuals whose proposals have been accepted for presentation at the conference will be notified via email and/or telephone no later than March 20th and will be eligible to receive FREE REGISTRATION!!! Questions about proposals or presentations may be directed to Matthew Eastwood at matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu<mailto:matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu>.

Topics and Suggestions as Provided by Our Members:
                Recent written and email feedback regarding potential topics that are of interest include:

-          Excel Functionality

-          Changes in IR

-          UDS

-          Budget and Finance Issues

-          How to use Student Tracker (National Clearinghouse)

-          Anything HLC

-          Increasing online survey response rates

-          Statistics and Analytics

-          Measuring Student Success and Retention

-          Increasing Grads

-          Academic and Non-Academic Assessment

-          Established Best Practices of IR Offices

-          Utilizing Spreadsheets and other Related Software

Please check the OKAIR website (www.ok-air.org<http://www.ok-air.org>) for more spring 2016 conference information details and registration announcements!