[OK-AIR] Examining assessment questions for bias

Karla Oty koty at cameron.edu
Fri Sep 15 13:28:55 CDT 2017

Cameron University's General Education Committee has been discussing ways of identifying potential biases in the wording of questions or prompts in our locally developed instruments that are used in our general education assessment.

If anyone on your campus who has either worked on bias in assessment or bias in general would be willing to share their knowledge and/or resources with our general education committee on this issue, I would appreciate if you could either pass this request along to them or if you could share their contact information with me.

Thanks for your help.

Karla

Karla J. Oty, Ph.D.
Director, Institutional Research, Assessment, and Accountability
Cameron University
2800 W. Gore Blvd
Lawton, OK 73505
(580) 581-2899