[OK-AIR] Question Regarding Student Emails and External Research Access

Julie Sawyer sawyerjk at nsuok.edu
Thu Feb 15 11:22:38 CST 2018

Janet:

Since we include student email addresses as directory information under our
FERPA related policy (
https://www.nsuok.edu/Administration/UniversityPolicies/FERPA/NSUFERPAPolicy.aspx),
we will share them for students actively enrolled in the requested semester
following an approval process.  We withhold all data for any student who
has submitted a "Do Not Disclose Directory Information" form.

Thanks,
Julie

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:12 AM, Eastwood, Matthew A. <
matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> We receive requests from external researchers seeking to have access to
> our student emails to survey them.  What are your college’s/university’s
> response to this request?  If you have a policy on this topic, could you
> please share it?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Janet
>

> Dr. Janet C. Perry
>
> Director of Institutional Effectiveness
>
> OCCC
>
> 7777 South May Avenue
>
> Oklahoma City, OK  73159
>
> 405.682.7804
>
> jcperry at occc.edu

Julie Sawyer, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Institutional Effectiveness
Northeastern State University
Tahlequah, OK
918.444.2210

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended
recipient or his/her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited. If
you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and deleting this email immediately.