[Okgrantsmanship] Pre award vs. Post award

Kate Felzien felzien at nsuok.edu
Wed Feb 6 16:00:29 CST 2008

Hey Julie!

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I have had the cold/flu thing that
is going around here.

I know Susan emailed you, so hopefully, I will not be repeating too much.
Basically, we have a pre-award (Research & Sponsored Programs - me and
Melanie) that handles the proposal development side of things. We do
workshops, send out grant announcements, meet with faculty, etc. We consult
post-award (Research Administration - Susan, Nora, DJ, and Sheri) on
proposal budgets and contracts. They also help with workshops when needed.
The pre-award is under the Graduate College/Academic Affairs. Post-award is
under Administration. In the past this has presented some interesting
problems, but we all work great together now, so it is working - thank
goodness.

Let me know if you have any specific questions or feel free to call.

Talk to you soon,

Kate

  _____