[Okgrantsmanship] CGR question

JDearing at ucok.edu JDearing at ucok.edu
Wed Feb 27 14:38:11 CST 2008

I'm not sure if this made it to the listserve so I thought I'd resend -
see below.

Julie Dearing
Grant Accountant, Office of Research and Grants
Academic Affairs
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University Drive Box 159
Edmond, OK 73034
Telephone: 405-974-3498
Fax: 405-974-3825

----- Forwarded by Julie Dearing/Academic Affairs/UCO on 02/27/2008 02:37
PM -----

BBeall at ucok.edu
Sent by: mailman-bounces at lists.onenet.net
02/27/2008 11:57 AM

okgrantsmanship-owner at lists.onenet.net
cc
mailman-bounces at lists.onenet.net, okgrantsmanship-owner at lists.onenet.net
Subject
Re: Okgrantsmanship post from gcherry at ucok.edu requires approval

I wanted to clarify the policy at UCO.  When an existing University
employee with accrued vacation and sick leave applies for another position
within the University, including grant positions, any accrued sick and
vacation leave accruals transfers with the employee.  So far, we have not
been faced with any payoff of this time that would adversely effect the
grant budget, i.e. employees quits shortly after taking the grant position
requiring vacation leave payoff.  If the employee was to quit and had
accrued vacation leave that required a payout from a prior position, then
that would have to be looked at on an individual basis as there is no
policy specifically addressing this at this time.

I checked with our Employee Services department.  UCO does not have a
policy that would ever pay an employee for their accrued leave when they
moved from one University position to another, including a grant position.
 Even through they are employed through the grant, they are still a
University employee subject to our policies and procedures.

Betty

Betty Beall
Manager-Grants Accounting
University of Central Oklahoma