[Okgrantsmanship] REMINDER: NCURA Region V Spring Meeting Early Bird Registration Ends Today

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Mon Apr 8 09:45:28 CDT 2013

National Council of University Research Administrators Region V Spring Meeting

Oklahoma City, OK

Just a quick reminder that Early Bird Registration ends today and the Early Bird hotel rate of $81 a night ends this Sunday, April 7

The registration<http://www.ncuraregionv.com/calendar> link for the Spring Meeting of NCURA Region V is now active on the Region V site. Those of us who have been working on the Meeting are excited to share this information and we invite everyone to attend from our Opening Reception to our last Program Session. Wednesday morning we will have a drawing of all registered NCURA members for an iPad2!

Dates:

*         Friday, April 5 - Early Registration Ends

*         Sunday, April 7 - Conference Hotel Rate Ends

*         Sunday, April 21 - Workshops and Evening Reception.

*         Monday, April 22 - Wednesday, April 24 - Program Sessions.

*         Wednesday, April 24:  Spring Meeting Closes at Noon.

Program:

*         Over 20 Program Sessions organized into 6 tracks-Pre-Award, Financial, Compliance, Medical, Predominantly Undergraduate, and Special Interests.

*         4 Sunday Workshops: Pre-award Basics, Post-award Basics, Senior/Advanced Forum, and Budget Math.

*         Updates from NIH and NSF.

Keynote:

*         "The Future of Research Universities: A SWOT Analysis," by Dr. Stephen M. Prescott, President of the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (and a native Texan!).

Venue:

*         Sheraton Oklahoma City<https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/RegionVNCURA> Within walking distance of Bricktown, the Oklahoma City National Memorial, Oklahoma City Museum of Art, and other local attractions.

*         Conference rate is $81 per night.

Networking Opportunities:

*         Sunday reception on the 50th floor of the new Devon Energy Tower.

*         Monday evening event with entertainment.

*         Tuesday evening dinner groups.

Volunteer Opportunities.

*         Over 50 volunteer opportunities, many requiring a commitment of 2 hours or less, include help at the registration desk, assemble packets, host the hospitality suite, coordinate dinner groups, be a newcomer reception greeter, and evaluate a session.

Make A Difference.

*         Ladies, donate your extra professional, work-appropriate clothing and accessories to Suited for Success<http://www.suitedforsuccess.com>.  You will be helping economically disadvantaged women receive interview-quality clothing. A collection box for your donation will be provided at the registration desk.

Follow us on twitter @ncura5                                               http://www.ncuraregionv.com/calendar

We look forward to seeing you at the Meeting.

Scott

Scott Davis, CRA | Associate Director
Office of Research Administration | The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
1000 Stanton L. Young Blvd.,  LIB121 | Oklahoma City, OK 73117
Tel: 405.271.2090 | Fax : 405.271-8651

scott-davis at ouhsc.edu<mailto:scott-davis at ouhsc.edu>