[Okgrantsmanship] Presidential Innovation Fellows Program | The White House - Applications Accepted Feb. 5-March 17

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Wed Feb 6 09:11:09 CST 2013

Colleagues,

This message was passed to me to send to you from Dr. Dolores Mize. She and I both know that we have very talented people in Oklahoma higher education who could provide real leadership as a Presidential Fellow. I will be happy to look through any applications that go in. Please consider this great experience!!

http://m.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/05/throw-your-hat-ring-round-2-presidential-innovation-fellows-program

PRESIDENTIAL INNOVATION FELLOWS

"We must harness new ideas and technology to remake our government."

- President Barack Obama, January 21st, 2013

The Presidential Innovation Fellows (PIF) program pairs top innovators from the private sector, non-profits, and academia with top innovators in government to collaborate during focused 6-12 month "tours of duty" to develop solutions that can save lives, save taxpayer money, and fuel job creation. Each team of innovators is supported by a broader community of interested citizens throughout the country. The 1st round of five projects was launched in August 2012 with 18 inaugural Fellows. You can learn more about the accomplishments to date of the MyUSA (formerly known as MyGov), RFP-EZ, Blue Button, Better Than Cash, and Open Data Initiatives Fellows through the blog posts of each team.
The 2nd round of the Presidential Innovation Fellows program will include nine projects, described on the website - four that are the second phases of Round 1 projects and five new projects.. Presidential Innovation Fellows have a unique opportunity to serve our Nation and make an impact on a truly massive scale.  We will be accepting applications to be a Round 2 Fellow from February 5th through March 17th, and are looking to put together a dynamic, diverse, innovative class that will produce tremendous results for the American people. You can apply here: http://m.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/05/throw-your-hat-ring-round-2-presidential-innovation-fellows-program.