[Okgrantsmanship] Natural Sciences Undergraduate Research - PUI - Nov. 21-23 - Greensboro NC

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Thu Aug 21 17:09:33 CDT 2014

Beginning a research program in the natural sciences at a predominantly undergraduate institution <http://strongmail1.multiview.com:80/track?type=click&eas=1&mailingid=2106579&messageid=2106579&databaseid=Mailing.DS106579.2106579.90829&serial=17229201&emailid=lmason@osrhe.edu&userid=56444555&targetid=&fl=&extra=MultivariateId=&&&2051&&&http://multibriefs.com/ViewLink.php?i=53f3befe47609>
CUR
Next Offering: Nov. 21-23, 2014 - Embassy Suites, Greensboro, North Carolina
Application Deadline: Sept. 26, 2014, details can be found here<http://strongmail1.multiview.com:80/track?type=click&eas=1&mailingid=2106579&messageid=2106579&databaseid=Mailing.DS106579.2106579.90829&serial=17229201&emailid=lmason@osrhe.edu&userid=56444555&targetid=&fl=&extra=MultivariateId=&&&2052&&&http://www.cur.org/conferences_and_events/institutes/beginning_a_research_program_in_the_natural_sciences_institute/>. http://www.cur.org/conferences_and_events/institutes/beginning_a_research_program_in_the_natural_sciences_institute/

Starting a successful research program and doing scholarly work at a predominantly undergraduate institution pose unique challenges for a beginning faculty member. A goal of the institute is to give individual pre-tenured faculty members the opportunity to learn from and discuss with experienced faculty how to establish and manage a research program with undergraduates. While at the institute, participants will also prepare plans for starting and/or advancing their individual research programs at their respective campuses. A range of topics will be covered during the institute that show ways to achieve career success in undergraduate research by learning how to:

  *   select undergraduate researchers,
  *   mentor student researchers and develop and use their research skills,
  *   manage time - balancing teaching, research and service activities,
  *   develop and select research projects appropriate for undergraduates,
  *   adapt to an undergraduate research environment vs. that in graduate school,
  *   link research to the classroom, and
develop grantsmanship skills related to gaining external and institutional resea

Dr. Linda Mason
Coordinator of Grant Writing
405-225-9486 desk
405-706-8757 cell
405-225-9230 FAX
lmason at osrhe.edu<mailto:lmason at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/<http://www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/>

Do not be afraid to give your time to writing grant proposals. Time given to planning proposals is never time lost, but is rather time gained, so that our research, our programs, our collaborations and indeed our whole profession may become more profoundly significant.