[Okgrantsmanship] Please share with appropriate faculty - OKJUR Student Article Solicitation

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Mon Feb 23 10:12:35 CST 2015

[cid:image002.png at 01CFC36F.B78B4E60]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://www.okjur.com/&k=IqLqkJ8tjgKwdYnpuGQcjw==&r=zlyHHcbTc4mohzbBDeY//haQHWUk5aeMKo3Bpl3H1NI=&m=k4v5wNFdxdSIUds14vvhz9kQHaIr8DrkS3BBSXAMb+8=&s=435d1fcf552fcffccae9c4cf15270c35d6ff6636b2a1f96f51cdee753ca7d2cc>

The Oklahoma Journal of Undergraduate Research (OKJUR)-the statewide collaborative journal to publish undergraduate research online-is sponsored by The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education.  This exciting venture will open the opportunity for publication to undergraduates at all Oklahoma institutions of higher education, affording them the chance to experience the peer review process and its affirmation.
Student Publications
The OKJUR is accepting student article submissions for the first issue. If students wish to have their articles published this academic year, articles need to be submitted by mid-March. There is no deadline since the journal is an online publication. When we approve a good number of articles (5-10), we will issue a publication. Articles can be published ongoing. Students may now submit articles for any of the 7 sections, Behavioral Science, Business, Education and Professional Studies, Fine Arts, Humanities, Life Science and Math/Physical Science/Engineering, or any collaboration of two or more sections. Student work must be completed while an undergraduate, must be original work (surveys of literature not accepted), and must be recommended by a faculty mentor. See the website at http://www.OKJUR.org for more information, and prepare your article!

OKJUR
Editor-in-Chief - Tim O'Neil, Director, Freshman Research Scholars Program, Oklahoma State University

SECTION EDITORS

Behavioral Science - Dr. Tony Wohlers, Associate Professor of History and Government, Cameron University
Behavioral Science - Dr. John Wood, Assistant Professor of Political Science and Public Administration, University of Central Oklahoma
Business - Dr. Jeanetta Sims, Associate Professor of Marketing, University of Central Oklahoma
Education and Professional Studies- Dr. Allyson Watson, Endowed Education Chair, Northeastern State University
Fine Arts - Dr. Brandon Hendrix, Director of Instrumental and Choral Ensembles, Eastern Oklahoma State College
Humanities - Dr. Katherine Pandora, Associate Professor, History of Science, The University of Oklahoma
Life Science - Dr. Kristen Baum, Associate Professor of Zoology, Oklahoma State University
Life Science - Dr. Andrea Holgado, Southwestern Oklahoma State University
Math/Physical Science/Engineering - Dr. Ajay Kumar, Assistant Professor of Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering, Oklahoma State University
Math/Physical Science/Engineering - Dr. Ron Halterman, Professor and Chair, Chemistry and Biochemistry, The University of Oklahoma

Dr. Linda Mason
Coordinator of Grant Writing
405-225-9486 desk
405-706-8757 cell
405-225-9230 FAX
lmason at osrhe.edu<mailto:lmason at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/<http://www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/>

Do not be afraid to give your time to writing grant proposals. Time given to planning proposals is never time lost, but is rather time gained, so that our research, our programs, our collaborations and indeed our whole profession may become more profoundly significant.