[Okgrantsmanship] New NSF REU Program at OSU: Interdisciplinary Approach to Sustainable Biobased Products and Energy Development - Deadline March 1, 2015

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Wed Jan 7 12:21:03 CST 2015

Please share this message with appropriate faculty and students who may be eligible for summer research in sustainable biobased products and energy.

Dr. Linda Mason
Coordinator of Grant Writing
405-225-9486 desk
405-706-8757 cell
405-225-9230 FAX
lmason at osrhe.edu<mailto:lmason at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/<http://www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/>

Do not be afraid to give your time to writing grant proposals. Time given to planning proposals is never time lost, but is rather time gained, so that our research, our programs, our collaborations and indeed our whole profession may become more profoundly significant.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D02A69.BCEB1500]

New Summer Research Opportunity for Undergraduate Students

Application Deadline: March 1, 2015
Application Link:         http://www.reu.bioenergycenter.okstate.edu/Application
Program Dates:           May 26 - July 24, 2015

The new NSF REU program titled "Interdisciplinary Approach to Sustainable Biobased Products and Energy Development" is hosted under the auspices of the Biobased Products and Energy Center at Oklahoma State University.

Participating students will:

*         Learn about the scientific processes and procedures required to conduct bio-products and bio-energy research

*         Understand the importance of an interdisciplinary environment in developing bio-products and bio-energy production systems

*         Explore the role of bio-product and bio-energy research in a global society

*         Develop professional skills that are necessary for a successful career

*         Discover graduate studies and careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related disciplines, specifically those related to bio-based products and energy

Timeline of Proposed REU Activities<http://www.reu.bioenergycenter.okstate.edu/timeline-of-proposed-reu-activities>
Research Areas and Participating Faculty<http://www.reu.bioenergycenter.okstate.edu/faculty>
Benefits to Students<http://www.reu.bioenergycenter.okstate.edu/benefits-to-students>
Access the Flier<http://www.okepscor.org/sites/default/files/images/headers/OSU-REU_Flyer_2015.pdf>