[Okgrantsmanship] Short Discussion Telephone Calls

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Thu May 14 16:43:05 CDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

I am initiating a series of short telephone discussions, about 30 minutes each, for the summer to share thoughts, questions, and potential solutions regarding the writing of Institutional Grant Policies in compliance with the Uniform Guidance. The first of these calls will be weekly on Wednesday. You may call 405-225-9100 at 10:00 am and ask for Dr. Mason's teleconference, and you will be directed to the call.

The agenda at first will be 1) brief sharing of conceptual approaches by those on the phone call as well as 2) specific questions. It is our thought that a series of short discussions would be more helpful at this time than a single longer training session. We may reanalyze this approach after 4 phone calls, then provide a system or calendar or agenda that is more helpful.

Thank you for your attention to grants. We have healthier institutions when we have faculty and staff who obtain external funding for innovation and enhanced programs.

Schedule:

Wednesday, May 20 - 10:00 am-10:30 am
Wednesday, May 27 - 10:00 am-10:30 am
Wednesday, June 3 - 10:00 am-10:30 am
Wednesday, June 10 - 10:00 am-10:30 am

The maximum number that can be on a call is 27. If we decide that our response is too many, we could break up the plan into two times instead of one to reduce the number of people on one call.

If we decide that a videoconference would be more productive, we can do that, too. So, if you participate, please evaluate the helpfulness of the content, the format, and the time.

Thank you!

Dr. Linda Mason
Coordinator of Grant Writing
405-225-9486 desk