[Okgrantsmanship] Council on Grantsmanship and Research

Fisher, Christine cfisher at osrhe.edu
Fri Jan 14 15:47:59 CST 2022

Happy Friday!

I hope as many of you as possible are staying well.  It seems like Omicron is running through the state and country at a fast and furious pace for almost everyone I've talked to recently.
I wanted to send a few updates and an inquiry from Dr. Mason to assist with a teacher training later this year.

Also, please remember to let me know if you are interested in conducting a brown bag lunch session on zoom at any point this year.  Aside from not duplicating the regional NCURA topics, the floor is wide open.  It could be a continuation of something we discussed in our December meeting, or simply a topic near and dear to your heart!

Take care of yourselves, and enjoy a long weekend,

Christine Fisher
Coordinator of Grant Writing and External Funding Assistance
655 Research Parkway Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
cfisher at osrhe.edu
T: 405-225-9265
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5F860.453EF380]     [cid:image004.png at 01D5F860.453EF380]

Inquiry from Dr. Linda Mason

Dear Colleagues,
I am seeking recommendations for a fun one-day workshop for teachers to write grants. This request is from the OSRHE GEAR UP staff and will be provided for their collaborating teachers. Can you tell me someone who might be interested (or volunteer yourself) for such a great opportunity? It would be scheduled sometime in June. Since I am not in the office anymore, please contact me at lmason31 at cox.net<mailto:lmason31 at cox.net> or give me a call on my cell at 405-706-8757. Thanks much!
Sincerely,
Dr. Linda Mason
Retired Grant Coordinator
OSRHE

Grant Opportunities:

Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health Policy Research Scholars

To be eligible, applicants must be:

  *   Full-time doctoral students entering the second year of their doctoral program in fall 2022.
  *   From a historically marginalized background and/or a population underrepresented in their doctoral discipline.
  *   Pursuing a research-focused discipline in nearly any academic field.
  *   Interested in applying research to inform and influence policy in ways that advance health equity.

Participants receive financial support and do not need to relocate.

Learn more about the program and application process.<http://click.rwjfmail.org/?qs=fdc4d341bf80ff39a17142abc54c031a1470af35a0b97fac0bd0c0b0aec27d55a25983af8241ca816de887dca2b446c08745a09648517442>

Application deadline: March 16 at 3 p.m. ET.
Learn more about RWJF's Leadership for Better Health programs<http://click.rwjfmail.org/?qs=fdc4d341bf80ff399c353ceaac37b9abc1346c2bff5cbdee6294bcde1f5c055785f08290e8b754a584a9d0ee395d10f2a3c2f90a751a10cc>

Department of Education
Link to Additional Information:

Institute of Education Sciences (IES): Research Networks Focused on Critical Problems of Education Policy and Practice, Assistance Listing Number (LN) 84.305N; Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for Fiscal Year (FY) 2022<https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2021-12-10/pdf/2021-26765.pdf>

Purpose of Program: Through the National Center for Education Research (NCER), the Institute of Education Sciences (Institute) provides support for programs of research in areas of demonstrated national need. The Institute's research grant programs are designed to provide interested individuals and the general public with reliable and valid information about education practices that support learning and improve academic achievement and access to education opportunities for all learners.
Through the Research Networks Focused on Critical Problems of Education Policy and Practice grant program, NCER focuses resources and attention on specific education problems or issues that are a high priority for the Nation. NCER also establishes both a structure and process for researchers who are working on these issues to share ideas, build new knowledge, and strengthen their research and dissemination capacity. Through this program, NCER seeks to establish the Leveraging Evidence to Accelerate Recovery Nationwide Network.
Through the Improving Pandemic Recovery Efforts in Education Agencies grant program, NCER seeks to establish two research networks, with one examining recovery activities in prekindergarten through grade 12 and the other examining recovery activities in community colleges.
Competitions in This Notice: The Institute's NCER is announcing two competitions--one focused on leveraging evidence to accelerate recovery and one on improving pandemic recovery activities in education agencies.

National Institute of Food and Agriculture
New Beginning for Tribal Students makes competitive grants to land-grant colleges and universities to provide identifiable support specifically targeted for Tribal students. A land-grant college or university that receives this grant shall use funds for, but not limited to, recruiting; tuition and related fees; experiential learning; student services, including tutoring; counseling; academic advising; and other student services that would increase the retention and graduation rate of Tribal students enrolled at the land-grant college or university. The maximum one state can receive is $500,000 per year.

Link to Additional Information:

New Beginning for Tribal Students Program<https://nifa.usda.gov/funding-opportunity/new-beginning-tribal-students-programs-nbts>

Webinars:

AAAS ARISE
Designing Curriculum for Pre-Service Teachers & Teacher Leaders
February 1, 2022 from 3:30 - 5:00 PM ET
In this 90-minute webinar hosted by AAAS ARISE, we will hear from two Noyce PIs about designing curriculum for teacher leaders and pre-service teachers.

Research Day Reminder:

OKLAHOMA RESEARCH DAY 2022
Cameron University will host the second Virtual Oklahoma Research Day (ORD) in spring 2022!
https://www.cameron.edu/academic_affairs/oklahoma-research-day

Important Dates:

  *   Monday, January 24, 2022:          Registration and submission opens.
  *   Wednesday, March 2, 2022:        Registration and submission closes.
  *   Thursday, March 3, 2022:         Event Launch!
  *   Friday, March 4, 2022:   Virtual ORD giveaways shipped to campuses hosting an event.
  *   Wed, March 16, 2022:   Event ends.

For Presenters and Participants:
Presenters must submit an abstract and will have the option to add a video to their presentation. Additional details and the abstract submission link will be provided soon. Participants will be awarded with Digital Badges for their achievements.