[COPLAC-IR] Foreign language requirement

Jason Canales Jason.Canales at mcla.edu
Mon Jun 27 11:00:45 CDT 2011

Below is the foreign languague requirment at MCLA

All students must complete a foreign/modern language course at the
102-level (second semester elementary level) or demonstrate proficiency at
or above the second semester elementary level (e.g., through an assessment
process).

Entering students who have passed, with at least a C average, four or more
years of the same high school foreign/modern language are waived from
MCLA's Language Arts Requirement.

Entering students who have successfully completed 2 or 3 years of a high
school foreign/modern language, will take a Modern Language Placement Test
and be placed accordingly. Alternatively, students could elect to begin
study of a new language at the first-semester elementary level (101) and
subsequently complete the second semester elementary level (102) course in
the same language.

 Jason Canales
 Staff Assistant, Institutional Research
 Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
 Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Planning
 375 Church Street | North Adams, MA 01247
 P: (413) 662-5413 | F: (413) 662-5095
 jason.canales at mcla.edu
 www.mcla.edu