[COPLAC-IR] NSSE COPLAC consortium

Kristina Bendikas K.Bendikas at mcla.edu
Thu Sep 5 10:10:26 CDT 2013

Hi Cathy,

I think you raise good points.  We will not be doing our next NSSE until
spring 2015.   We are changing from a two year to a three year cycle.  At
that time we plan to add the Writing module and the Advising module.  As I
review the COPLAC questions, I see a lot of overlap with other NSSE
questions and with what is already asked or what we have/do on campus. Are
we really getting information we can get no other way, and do we really
need to know it because we can make good use of it?  If not, then we
should not be adding them.

Best,

Kris

A1 - we have this (more accurately) in Banner
A2 - we plan on doing the Advising module
A3 - ?  not sure how we'd use this
A4 - can get at this from new Engagement Indicators (old Campus
Environment)
A5 and A6 - can get at this from new Engagement Indicators (old Academic
Challenge)
A7 and A8 - can get at this from new Engagement Indicators (old
Experiences with Faculty)
A9 - this question is just for freshmen and the results coming in late
summer would not be useful in addressing this
A10 - we do want to know, but already do a withdrawal survey and interview
that teases out these reasons in more detail than here

***