[Counselors] FW: FW: Question for Counselors RE: Job Shadowing

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Wed Dec 4 10:49:24 CST 2013

Amber, Job shadowing has a wonderful web-site that I used at the Jr. Hi when I was there. Ground Hog Day is always National Job Shadowing Day. They have awesome forms , ideas, etc. I made my students do all the work. It was for a grade in an Honors class I taught. They had to contact the person they wanted to shadow--it was more important if they made the contact. A lot of kids will just chose to shadow a parent, which is fine if they can prove to you they are really interested in that career/job. They have to work the same hours the person works. These are things I learned from experience. Some just go and play videos. They have to have the person sign a form saying they understand what the student is expected to do. It takes a lot of work, but the kids gain so much from it. Good Luck!!
Nancy Reed ng2reed at yahoo.com<mailto:ng2reed at yahoo.com>