[Counselors] DHS workers and Juvenile Officers

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Jan 30 12:46:37 CST 2014

OJA & outside counselors  must bring a signed release of information the
first time they meet with a student.  We ask them to see the student during
an elective and have a list for the counselor to sign so that the absence
doesn't count against the student.  DHS is usually at the school
investigating abuse/neglect and I believe we are required by state law to
let them visit with the students.  I prefer not to be in the room when they
are speaking with the student but if the student asks I will accompany them.