[Counselors] Question regarding HB1378, CPR

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Oct 28 20:00:37 CDT 2014

Here is a summary of House Bill 1378 on the SDE's website:  http://ok.gov/sde/sites/ok.gov.sde/files/documents/files/Legislative%20Updates%20Overview%202014_1.pdf
Here is the actual bill, HB 1378:  http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2013-14%20ENR/hB/HB1378%20ENR.PDF

I'm looking at the OSSBA Policy Services, Graduation Requirements document and it states that "Beginning with the 2015-2016 school year, all students shall be required to receive instruction in cardiopulmonary resuscitation". So my district is not addressing it this year.
Tanya Flauding
Counselor
Blackwell High School

We are going to put it in our JH PE class.  The American Red Cross contacted us and offered a free curriculum.  We have not received it yet but to my knowledge is only supposed to take a few days.

Nona Laminack
Assistant Principal & Counselor
580-281-3276
nlaminack at bigpastureps.k12.ok.us

My understanding is we don't have to get them certified just teach objectives.

Sent from my iPhone

Question: