[Counselors] Students Videoing Teachers/Students at school

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Feb 15 07:48:17 CST 2016

Our high school has the pockets. Student violators get their phones taken
away and are charged money. First charge is $5.00, each time after that it
doubles.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 4:46 PM, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion
Board <counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

> Our classrooms have cell phone pockets (like a calculator organizer)
> hanging on the wall, each desk/seat has a designated pocket for the
> students to use while they are in class. Students are expected to put up
> their cell phones as they walk in to class.   Some teachers enforce this
> better than others but when used, it is pretty effective.
>
> Our students may use their phones between classes and at lunch.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Feb 12, 2016, at 12:47 PM, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board <
> counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:
>
> Our handbook states "Students are allow to have cellular phones on school
> property, but must not use them without teacher permission. On the first
> offense, the phone will be confiscated, a detention will be served, and the
> phone will be kept in the office throughout the day. A parent/guardian may
> be requested to pick up the phone. Each additional offense may result in
> such disciplinary action as In School Intervention or Out of School
> Suspension."

Stacy R. Cline, M.A.,LPC,NCC
405-853-4305
Elementary & Middle School Counselor
"Don't ask God to Guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your
feet."