[Counselors] PowerSchool

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon May 16 20:48:52 CDT 2016

We use STI Info Now (now called Chalkable) in Hennessey.  There is a credit
check report that can give an estimate of credits earned for each student
by type of classes, although it doesn't really address all the exceptions
for meeting graduation requirements.   (I do use it occasionally, but I
have found manually checking to be the only way to know for sure.)  I have
a notebook for each grad class with grad requirement checksheets for each
student, and I go over it with each student and manually check each
transcript during junior year prior to them making senior course requests.
I also work slowly and methodically with senior scheduling refering to the
check sheets on each student.  If a senior wants to change thier schedule
or drop a class, I will not do anything until I refer to the notebook.
This helps keep it straight so final transcript checks are pretty much
confirming everything needed was earned.

Testing is also on the credit check sheet and I check that the same way.

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 4:27 PM, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion
Board <counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

> I am in the process of getting this accomplished for all of us. I know the
> person to do it. So- when the task is complete- I will post and invite
> all!!!
>
> Leslie Sexson
>
> On May 16, 2016, at 4:06 PM, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board <
> counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:
>
> We do the same - print transcripts and update their credit check forms. We
> have looked at all the reports/screens available in PS, but we haven't
> found anything that works as well. The graduation progress screens are not
> accurate because anything that has been hand-entered (new students, tech,
> concurrent enrollment) only shows under electives. At least, that is what
> we have found. We would love to find a way to do it in PS, as well.
>

> aschottel at bixbyps.org
>

> We don't use Power School, we use MAS, and we do ours by hand. I thought I
> was the only one that did something by hand!!!!!
>
> *Sara Harris*
>
> *Counselor*
>
> *Checotah High School*
>
> *918-473-9103*
>
> Still do it by hand, at beginning of Senior year
>
> ng2reed at yahoo.com
>

> We currently use Class Roll and are thinking about switching to
> PowerSchool.  I'd love to hear any pro's or con's!!  Ease of updating
> transcripts.  The scheduling option.  General ease of use!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Becky Green Combs
>
> District Counselor
>
> Mangum Schools
>
> 580.782.3343
>

> QUESTION:
>
> On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 12:53 PM, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion
>
> Board <counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:
>

> > High School Counselors,
>

> > Any of you that use Power School, is there any reports that your run for
> graduation checks.  What are your procedures for graduation/credit checks?
> At Enid High we pull transcripts and then have a paper checklist(done all
>
> > by hand), we are seeing if there is a more efficient way of doing
> things?  Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>

> > Thank
>

> > Tonya Rowe

Jill Moery
Guidance Counselor