[Counselors] FW: Honors course contract

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Feb 18 17:17:19 CST 2021

Hi, Amber.
You'll probably get some helpful documents from other counselors on the Discussion Board.  I don't have good access to my files today, so I'll include a few ideas below and some others when the weather clears up and we get back to school.

It's so caring of you to reach out to help your student who wants to stay in the course. At this time, many AP and bright students are having achievement problems, as well as the social emotional issues that almost every high school student is facing. Whether or not she can shape up, she will always know her counselor cared!

This is the contract on College Board's AP website.
https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/rtf/ap-sample-exam-taker-agreement.rtf

Also you can Google "AP course contracts" for some that represent schools across the nation, public and private.   -Bonnie

Bonnie Wood
AP Coordinator
Western Heights High School
Oklahoma City, OK 73179

I was hoping someone had a contract for students who are taking an honors or AP course to sign. We have a few that have majorly slipped up. I have one girl who really wants to stay in the course. I thought if I created the contract and went over it with her and we signed it. She might take more ownership over her actions.
I know I will have to revise it to fit us but I didn't want to recreate the wheel completely if I don't need to.

--
Thank you,

Amber Harp
High School Counselor
Alternative Education Director
Graduation & Yearbook Sponsor

Little Axe High School<http://littleaxeok.apptegy.us/o/lahs>
2000 168th Ave NE, Norman OK 73071     Phone: 405-329-1612     Fax: 405-