[Counselors] Establishing a Virtual Academy Questions

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Feb 19 09:56:38 CST 2021

Hello All,
     Our school is looking into making a Virtual Academy for next year.  There are a couple of questions that we want to see what other schools have done this year and in the past.  They are as follows:

  *   What have you done with your kids who are virtual and not working or "attending"?
     *   Do you remove them from the virtual option, or what is your process?

  *   Do you have a full time virtual counselor in your program?
     *   If so, what are their duties?

We are currently looking for any help in best practices or things that have worked for you in your schools or you district.  Thank you for your time, and have a great week!

Thank you,
Tracy L. Lewis
Senior Counselor
Enid High School